Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Growing, Trusting and Side Projects

I hope you all had a wonderful day of remembrance and counted blessings on Monday.

Distant storms are chasing down our welcome summer warmth
the wind is their companion and it is a mighty one up on this hill
But in the sun there are flowers
soon to bear
and growing things growing taller
The leeks grow so fast we have to give them a haircut once a week.

We've been doing quite a bit of weeding around here in preparation for rapidly approaching harvests. We're a small group of workers but I've never felt a part of something bigger. My efforts matter more here. There's time to let your mind wonder but not wander. Farming can be dangerous so it's best to work always with your wits kept about you and to look out for each other. There is a lot of respect and trust in our little circle, and it feels good to feel it.


After work I have a few projects of my own for someone new in my life that must have had a room in my heart reserved for all the love I have for her already. My sisters, brother and brother-to-be are coming home to Wisconsin in a little over a week. My older sister and given brother are bringing my niece to visit for the first time and I am having fun making things while I patiently wait to hold her again.

Lexi's Lilac Dress
and so she knows her roots...
and just for fun.

1 comment:

  1. Loving your updates and it sounds like you are loving the farm. So much cuteness for your little niece, she's so lucky!

    ReplyDelete