Thursday, September 1, 2011

September First ...oh potatoes

I can't believe how warm it was today (are you allowed to say "hot" in September?) But it was a nice day as it was my turn to go on delivery to accompany the fresh veggies to the city. The company was good and the knitting was mostly productive, --though I forgot a certain skein of yarn in a certain color, so the fall sweater progress was stunted. I was forced to knit a chicken hat or two (something I've been meaning to do anyway, with accompaniment scarf --what with the impending fall...) Pictures will be coming as soon as I can convince one of them to doll herself up. ....maybe I'll wait till it's a bit cooler too....

for now though, on this first day of September, first day of school, first day of the rest of our lives...

Potatoes are like clouds--I love imagining their shapes into cartoon faces....
Human Hearts
Round people with tiny tiny heads
and we can choose what we see in them--like we can choose what we see so often in life...
a grumpy face...
or, a really happy face! (I like the happy one.)
Some of them even look like a cute little mole sometimes (they do live in the dirt...)
Hey there little mole potato!

No comments:

Post a Comment