Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cold Hands, Warm Hearts

Today was cloudy and windy and rainy and, cold(-ish. I can't really say that it's cold yet, can I?) So I'm a bit even more tired at the end of this day and my cheeks and nose and hands are a rosy red, courtesy of the elements. But I still loved being outside today (at least as long as my energy level was high enough for me to process it) and the hot shower is never so wonderful as it is when you feel really quite chilled. Armed with only a hard-boiled egg for breakfast (I woke up late this morning, real real late...5 minutes prior to start) I did think out loud in my sleepy state that windshield wipers for my glasses might be nice--my co-worker suggested that I Rain-X them... I liked that, and I smile and think maybe I will... I've heard good things about the product.

In need of inspiration and encouragement and comforting these days --farming is rewarding but tough, and following your heart and your dreams in one way, can seem to fight the following of your heart and dreams in other ways. It's just hard to know the right direction sometimes... lots of times...

Tonight I'm looking to the Dalai Lama for reason and purpose:

As people alive today, we must consider future generations: a clean environment is a human right like any other. It is therefore part of our responsibility toward others to ensure that the world we pass on is as healthy, if not healthier, than we found it.

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle.

There is a saying in Tibetan, “Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.” No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that’s our real disaster.


Never say never. Ever. Always hope. Always try... and then try harder. We each matter more than we know. Kindness is always possible. Love with reckless abandon, sometimes silently, always patiently. --because you are what you love, not what loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment