Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Most This Amazing Day

This morning must have sensed my last night's loneliness and decided to be particularly gorgeous. One of my favorite e. e. cummings poems came to heart and mind.
i thank You God for most this amazing
day:for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes

(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday; this is the birth
day of life and of love and wings: and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)

how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any--lifted from the no
of all nothing--human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?

(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)

Though the fields are turning an autumn gold, there is still plenty of work to do. Always. Tomatoes are past us now, and I have to thank them for my new arm strength. I've named my biceps "Big Beef" and "Nyagous" (an heirloom variety) --for the two types we grew the most of. I'm thinking of switching it up to "Butternut" and "Sugar Dumpling" in honor of the squash pretty soon here. Those full crates are serious stuff.
As I work I'm thinking ahead--there is a little over a month of time between myself and my move to the family farm and I'm seeking a new job. Reverting back to gardener mode, (ok Extreme Gardener mode--1/4 acre solo, is going to be intense) it will be nice to give my body a break from all this manual labor. My one hope is that my new job will give me the conscience fulfillment that I have now. It is so important to me. The search is on.

I thought some of you might be excited to know that Buster, has lost weight. (It's true!) He is a noticeably lighter, slightly visibly trimmer kitty and "much" more active (ok, so still not that active, but he really wasn't before.) Anyways, it's very inspiring. If he can do it, seriously... anyone can.
and I can't resist sharing this super short clip of a couple escapee chickens running for their lunch. They're so fast! It just makes me giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment