Monday, September 12, 2011

I can't help myself....

I am just really into the carrots...
This one looks like it could fly around like a carrot super-hero!

It reminds me of the gallant Captain Vegetable...

This little carrot is more relaxed...
Carrot bobble-head...
Just a beautiful one...

On delivery last week there was a semi full of trash on the highway. It is such a bummer how much we waste. How we buy and we buy, whenever we feel like it. Often hardly thinking about it at all. Often things we don't need and don't want a few months, days, sometimes hours later. And then we trash and we trash. Often we don't think about it at all. The truck takes it away and we never have to see it again.
But it doesn't go away. It's often shipped to other, less fortunate countries--because we pay them to take it, so we don't have to look at it. Seems pretty selfish and unfair to me. They are in a position where they need the money (that we so often spend frivolously,) and we take advantage.

Join me in thinking before you buy to reduce what you throw. Reusing and reducing more than recycling to conserve resources and energy. We can all do a little and it amounts to a lot--I mean, just look at all the trash we make! --just by buying, little by little! If we stop, if we change our ways little by little, we can reduce just as much.

I urge you to watch this awesome video if you haven't already.
It has really informed and inspired me.

Let's do what we can. Yeah? I want the world to stay beautiful for generations to come, for all people (even carrot people!) and no amount of rationalizing why I might need something I don't is worth contributing to hurting it. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment